APPROVED TRANSPORT CANADA COURSES &
“HANDS ON” TRAINING FOR MARINE BASED WORKERS
ITE provides approved commercial operator and crew training as well as hands-on practical training for on-water professionals and workers.
ITE will provide training at the employer’s worksite or area. ITE will provide the specific training and skills needed by SAR/Spill Responders/Marine Enforcement/Environment Technicians/Tour Boat Operators/Water Instructure Workers and Commercial Fishery Workers. ITE instructors will train employees at the work site on the vessels they work from,
ITE also maintains a small fleet of emergency response training vessels.
Small Non-Pleasure Vessel Operator Proficiency –
A 4 day (26 hour) classroom course that is the minimum training required by operators of commercial workboats and passenger vessels, other than tugs and fishing vessels:
- Up to 5 gross tons engaged on a Near Coastal Class 2 Voyages (25 nautical miles from shore) or a Sheltered Water Voyages (most inland lakes and rivers).
- Fishing vessels up to 15 gross tons (12 meters overall length) engaged on a Near Coastal Class 2 Voyages (25 nautical miles from shore) or a Sheltered Waters Voyages.
⌛4 Days | 26 Hours
Small Domestic Vessel Basic Safety –
A one day (8 hours) classroom course for all crewmembers (including the operators) working on:
- Vessels up to 24 meters on Sheltered Water Voyages,
- Vessels up to 18 meters on a Voyage in Domestic Waters
- Fishing Vessels up to 24 meters on a Voyage in Domestic Waters
This course replaced the MED A3 course in November 2021.
⌛1 Day | 8 Hours
“HANDS ON” COURSES & MODULES
ITE also provides practical “on-water” training for operators and crew. ITE also provides specially designed modules for spill responders, SAR/Fire/Rescue/Enforcement, Oil sands mines, Government Agencies/Environmental/Biological Surveys, Commercial Fishers, Guides and Tour Boat Operators .
- Spill Response Equipment Deployment
- POB (Person Over Board)
- River Reading
- Air Boat Operation
- SAR searches
PCOC (Pleasure Craft Operator Certificate) exam and/or classroom training for:
- Motorized pleasure craft operators
- Operator and crew of small commercial vessels under 8 meters, workboats operating under 2 nautical miles from shore
- Passenger vessels under 8 meters and with up to 6 passengers on water bodies under 2 nautical mile across.
The PCOC course does not contain the knowledge, procedures and equipment, OH&S requirements for commercial vessel crew and operators.
ITE SMALL COMMERCIAL VESSEL COURSE
Usually a 2 day 14 hour course, the “Small Commercial Vessel Course” provides the PCOC plus the required knowledge and certification for the operation and crewing of commercial vessels under 8 meters operating under 2 nautical miles from shore..
⌛2 Days | 14 Hours
The ITE AQUA-DEK WORKBOAT is designed from the ground up as industrial workboat not a made over sport or fishing boat.
⌛Workboats In Action
ITE Training & Consulting Contact Form
Cell 780-712-0966 or 780-712-4459
5222-18th Ave. Edson AB, Canada T7E 1G9